[GEMPAK #HCR-177261]: question about model, Nmap <-> programs

Gustavo,

The restore command is a GEMPAK command used to load contents from a GEMPAK
.nts file
into the running program ("save" is a GEMPAK command used to store the contents
of the current parameter settings into a .nts file). These are not commands to
run at your
Unix/Linux shell prompt, but rather inside your GDPLOT2 commands.

Typing "phelp" in any GEMPAK program will show you the basic GEMPAK commands.

When you start a GEMPAK program, it automatically loads the gemglb.nts values
for you. Using the "restore filename" command will load the NTS file you specify
in the GEMPAK program, eg in a script:

#!/bin/csh
source /home/gempak/Gemenviron

setenv DISPLAY "some display"
GDPLOT2<<EOF
   restore NMAP_RESTORE/modl/ecmwfg/pmsl_ethkn
   GAREA = -90;-180;90;180
   PROJ = CED
   GDFILE = ecmwfg

EOF

More information on redirecting shell input is found in the tutodial under
"batch scripts"
or in some of the examples found under the GEMPAK web pages.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: HCR-177261
Department: Support GEMPAK