[GEMPAK #YNV-727315]: NMAP2 5.9.3 error *UPDATE*

> I was able to pin it down to an issue with the F00/FANL part of the file. I
> delete the 18Z run about mid-way through and therefore only had the latter
> half of the NAM. All products displayed just fine.
>
> After the 00Z run started ingesting, I was unable to display anything that
> started at F00 (i.e. just about every parameter.) For those that started at
> F03 (i.e. QPF) it worked fine.
>
> - Rob

Rob,

Can you identify the source of your input? You said GRIB2.
The grib2 files on NCEP's ftpprd server decode just fine as F000 fields.

The NWSTG grib1 40km grid files actually identify the analysis fields as
0hr forecasts so the gdinfo will show those as F000, but the NCEP grib1
40km grids are analysis fields and therefore don't have the F000 following
the gemtime you see in gdinfo. The restore files expect the f000 forecast times
and not the analysis anotation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: YNV-727315