[GEMPAK #OBX-756183]: gribkey entry for RTMA

> Hi...
>
> We'd like to decode the RTMA grib data... does the dcgrib2 decoder in
> gempak 5.9.3 support this, and if so, could you provide table entries?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Art
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Art,

At the moment I'm using:
# RTMA (real-time mesoscale analysis) Grid 227 CONUS 5km
NGRID   ^[LM].M... KWBR
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -m 200 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_rtma.log
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
        data/gempak/model/rtma/YYYYMMDDHH_rtma.gem

So, you could create a gribkey.tbl entry with grid #227 and model number 109.

The decoder will decode the grids, but I did add the ability to distinguish the
analysis error fields from the analysis fields. I know I've sent you
several updates to 5.9.3 so don't know if you have the AERR extension
code. I'll be posting the 5.9.4 version soon (just finished the GEMPAK workshop
Friday
which made them "beta" testers).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support