[netCDFDecoders #DDA-176665]: dcgrib2 and DSS MRF data

Kristin,

I'm assuming that you want to use the data in GEMPAK since you mentioned
dcgrib2, even though the
question was set to the netcdf decoders address. Is that the case?

There are many tools that can parse grib messages such as wgrib and dump out a
single grid.

However, since your first error message states that you were looking at byte
position 18481
when not finding the "7777" message, the easiest thing to do would just be to
send me 100kbytes or so, so that I can see the first 2 or 3 products.
The "dd" command is useful for this purpose. Just do:
dd if="your_mrf_grib_file" ibs=100000 obs=100000 count=1 > testmrf.grib

in the above "if" is the input file, the input and output block size is 100,000
bytes
and just 1 block is dumped out to the testmrf.grib file. You can send that file
as an email attachmet to me, or post via the web support form.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DDA-176665
Department: Support GEMPAK