[GEMPAK #WTY-586371]: GEMPAK NSHARP Question

Bryan,

I would assume from the directory name, that these are rawinsonde soundings and
not model
soundings. The should be viewable with NSHARP or snprof.

The upperair data since 1946 is available from fsl/NCDC:
http://ols.nndc.noaa.gov/plolstore/plsql/olstore.prodspecific?prodnum=C00339-CDR-S0001

If you are looking for model grids, then the NCAR/NCEP reanalysis data set is
probably
what you would be looking for.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Mr. Chiswell:
>
> I came across this data source for archived mode data.
> http://mtarchive.geol.iastate.edu/1955/08/17/gempak/upperair/19550817_upa.gem
>
> Is this file in the proper format to create a model sounding?  I am looking
> to create a model sounding at a lat/long point at 12 and 00 GMT.  Would
> NSHARP be the module that would perform this task?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bryan Rappolt
> President and Consulting Meteorologist
> Genesis Weather Solutions, LLC