[GEMPAK #UNC-854436]: GEMPAK Question

Blair,

You can put your data into an ascii format (the format that SFLIST outputs),
and import the data into GEMPAK using SFEDIT. You will need to create
a station table for the coop stations.

See the GEMPAK tutorial:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/importingdata.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/decoders3.html

A sample ascii data set and station table are provided as an example:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/importing_exercises.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct place to send such an email but here
> goes anyway.  I use GEMPAK as the display software for my master's
> research here at NC State University.  What I would like to know is if
> there is a way using GEMPAK that I can take precipitation data I have
> collected (and organized in MS Excel) and put it into a GEMPAK file to
> plot?  I have all the lat/lon data for the stations (NWS Coop) and the
> precipitation values.  Can I feed that data in and create a .gem file that
> I can use to create a plot?  Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
>
> Blair
>

> --
> Blair Holloway
> Graduate Research Assistant
> Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> North Carolina State University
> Email: address@hidden
> Phone: (919)-274-9041

Ticket ID: UNC-854436