[GEMPAK #TXD-113449]: Virtual potential temperature

Hanne,

Virtual potential temperature is THTV in GEMPAK. It will be calculated
if you have pressure, temperature and moisture parameters available.

If you are using a grid function and need to specify the
pressure or temperature rather than the assumed quantities, the THTA(TVRC,PRES)
function will yield virtual potential temperature identical to THTV.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to double check that the current version of GEMPAK does not
> have a parameter called "virtual potential temperature". I can find
> theta, theta-e and theta-es and just the virtual temperature, but no
> theta-v.  If I am mistaken would you please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Hanne
>

> Hanne V. Murphey
> Graduate Student