[GEMPAK #SKE-565516]: NMap2 on 1024x768 display

Rob,

You might try decreasing the font size by using the -xrm option on the command
line
launching of nmap2 to be read by the window manager as mentioned in this
message:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04769.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I've set up the GEMPAK 5.9.3 suite to work on my XP laptop using the free
> VMWare player, and so far all areas seem to be working perfectly - except
> for NMap2's Data Source window. My laptop (most laptops?) can't go higher
> than 1024x768 and that causes an issue choosing grid data.
>
> If I want to select a GRID source, the Data Source window takes up so much
> space that the Accept/Close buttons are off the bottom of the screen.
> Usually when I go to add the initial grid, it will condense things
> automatically so the buttons are still there. But if I ever modify, the
> lower two boxes (A1 A2 A3 etc., and the individual macros within in each
> group) are too tall. Therefore I can't ever reach the 'accept' the plot the
> new gridded data.
>
> Is there anything in the Nmap resource file that would allow me to restrict
> those two boxes to maybe 4 items each instead of the 8 showing now? I've
> tried every setting that looked like it might have been for that section but
> no dice. I hoped that hitting "ENTER" would automatically select and ESC to
> cancel but that didn't work either.
>
> - Rob

Ticket ID: SKE-565516
Department: Support GEMPAK