[Support #CPK-151666]: Quickscat for Vietnam

Quang,

The user support archives are not the same as a forum, so a followup to
a previous message from another user is a unique support ticket as you have
done.

In the future, we are planning to provide a forum interface to messages similar
to the
gembud email list at present.

The QuikScat data in BUFR data on the NOAAPORT data feed that we provide via
the IDD
only is available east of 130E, so your GAREA will not have any coverage. The
data
are those provided by NOAA for NOAAPORT. Unidata does not determine the region
of coverage that they provide for this dataset.

To plot the QBUF data, your file must be in the location referenced by the QBUF
template in datatype.tbl. This is not the location in SATFIL for GPMAP. The
SATFIL file is a parameter for an image where PROJ=sat. The bufr quickscat data
is not image, butr rather point data.

The QBUF entry I provide in datatype.tbl expects that your data will be stored
in the
directory $GEMDATA/qsct, and you files will be named according to the convention
YYYYMMDDHH.bufr. This is the location that will be used by the QBUF data type
in the GPMAP QSCT parameter line that you show below.

I have attached a tar file of recent qsct bufr files from the IDD, which
are in my $GEMDATA/qsct directory. I have also attached a screen shot of NMAP2
(which you can use as well as GPMAP to look at the data)

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support