[GEMPAK #BGJ-224240]: cross-section curtain plotting

> Hello,
>
> I am currently working with aircraft flight data and satellite overpass
> data, and am wondering if there is any way to create curtain plots of
> cross-section data in gempak. Right now I am only able to make cross-section
> plots using 2 points, limiting me to straight lines.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Steven Felker

Steven,

Vertical profiles in GEMPAK are either specified as a set of endpoints through
gridded
data, or a list of station IDS for SN observation/point data. The list of
stations for point data is used to construct a line through the endpoints,
while the
other locations are projected to the cross section axis by the intersection of
the
normal to the axis.

There is no GEMPAK applications to display segmented cross sections.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: BGJ-224240
Department: Support GEMPAK