[GEMPAK #VZE-318367]: nmap2 configuration

Ben,

"nmap2 -h" shows that you can pass options to the window manager following a
"--".

I tried:
nmap2 -- -xrm 'Nmap*fontList:
-adobe-helvetica-*-r-normal-*-8-*-75-75-p-*-iso8859-1'

This did use the 8 point font anywhere it was not specified otherwise in the
$NAWIPS/resource/Nmap
resource configuration (The dataw was 560 pxels on my screen this way). You may
still have trouble with the pgpallette since the icons are a fixed size and a
layout manger isn't re-ordering the number of columns if
you try to shrink the window. You could try to resize the $NAWIPS/icons/nmap
xbm files to 16x16 from 24x24.

When I teach the GEMPAK workshop, our projector is 1024x768, but the instructor
console is typically
1280x1024. The projector has options to sample/interlace the full window which
is what I normally do and the display is quite acceptable if you have that
capability with your projector. Some older projectors just
have a 1024x768 window of the display and that would crop the console display
which would be less desireable.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Howdy,
>
> We have several machines here that have their display resolution
> constrained by the projectors attached to them.  As a result, nmap2
> windows sometime extends past the bottom of the screen - most notably
> the pgpalette and the data selection window.  I've tried experimenting
> with the Nmap resource file, but with limited success.  Can resources
> that aren't already in the file be added (e.g. Nmap*dataw_popup.fontList
> to specify the font for the data selection popup)?  I've looked through
> the documentation online and in the distribution, and I can't find
> anything that guides me through this.  Is there something in the
> documentation that I missed?
>

> Thanks,
> BC
>
> P.S.  The resolution I'm adjusting for is 1024x768
>
> --
> Ben Cotton, KC9FYX
> Computer Support
> Department of Earth and