[GEMPAK #ZVH-629814]: GEMPAK - Installation

> I am having some trouble installing the distribution of GEMPAK5.9.2. I
> followed the instructions as provided on the website, however when I issue
> the command 'make all <&make.out &  the shell returns a 'Nor rule to make
> target all' error message.

Jack,

It sounds like you have not changed your directory to the GEMPAK5.9.2 directory
after
unpacking the source distribution. I'd suggest downloading the current 5.9.3
distribution
while your at this step though as a "might as well".

Also note, that your command should be:
make all >& make.out &
or  most simply
make everything >& make.out &

In your email, you have the ">" character backwards. Don't know if that was
just how
you transposed the command in the support inquiry, or if you tyhped it
incorrectly
when actually trying to build.

> I do have openmotif, I have checked the location of the files to make sure
> they are correct, however I still get this message.
>
> Thanks,
> P.S. How do you download the IDD? I keep getting the login page(even after
> logging into the system)
> Jack

The LDM software is used to particiate in the IDD. Download the LDM and
install, then
follow the steps to request a feed site to participate in the IDD.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: ZVH-629814
Department: Support GEMPAK