Re: Two questions

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 14:26 -0400, David Novak wrote:
> List,
>
> Question 1: I thought GEMPAK had a "relative humidity w/r/t ice"
> function, but it does not appear in the documentation. Does GEMPAK have
> such a function? If not, has anybody added the function?

David,

Not to my knowledge.

> Question 2: I also thought I saw an update in GEMPAK that allowed
> sub-hourly grids. For instance, I would like to convert 15 minute MM5
> output to GEMPAK. What version of GEMPAK allows sub-hourly grids?

Forecast times can be specified as Fhhhnn in the grid programs to access
grids with forecast times in minutes. If you are creating GRIB output
for decoding, GRIB will handle minutes. If you are using a program to
convert your MM5 to gempak,
then you should ensure your calls to TG_ routines follow the [type]hhhnn
(as shown in TG_CFTM).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support