[GEMPAK #SHK-679845]: dcmetr

> Hi-
>
> I am using the dcmetr program (currently a modified version to decode and
> write out every ob at intervals of 1 minute).
> My issue is that stations with similiar 3 letter id's: CMCW and KMCW
> are being confused with each other when I use sflist. I am specifying from
> sflist a geographic area specifically to avoid this but it isnt working
> well.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this or even a workaround?
> I am using GEMPAK 5.7.2p2
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --

Jimmy,

The work around is to change the MCW id in the station table file to KMCW so
that the Mason City metar will match this ID, and the CMCW will not. Similarly,
create a CMCW entry for the Canadian station. Dcmetar will always search for
the 4
letter ID first, and if not found, try to strip the leading "C" or "K" to
be backward compatible with older 3 letter identifiers.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: SHK-679845
Department: Support GEMPAK