[GEMPAK #DLM-643876]: Gempak- Cannot get it to run

Tony,

Adding the "source Gemenviron" line to your .cshrc does not "run" gempak.
Instead, what
this does is set the environmental variables that GEMPAK needs, and adds the
GEMPAK executable directory
to the PATH of your csh environment.

To run the GUI launcher, type "ntl". That will provide the launcher panel
as shown in the tutorial. Command line programs are run from the shell prompt
as you mote.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have downloaded the binary version of Gempak and I have spent almost the
> last 2 hours trying to get it up and running on my Linux PC but I have failed
> to do so.  I am so frustrated by it that I am on the verge of deleting Gempak
> and going back to RIP4, to display my WRF graphics.
>
> To begin with:  when I enter source /root/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron into my
> .cshrc file and log back in, Gemenviron is not executed.  I have checked the
> spelling and the typing many times but it does not work from .cshrc.  The
> only way that it will work is to type it in at the command prompt.
>
> Next, what do I do next to get it running and the GUI started?  I find the
> Online Tutorial does not help much to get the program up and running on my PC.
>
> Please help me.  My knowledge of Linux is very basic and I can only follow
> very clear, simple instructions (step-by-step).
>
> Many thanks for taking the time to read my email.  I look forward to hearing
> from you.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Tony Pigott.
> (Ireland).