[GEMPAK #ONF-578978]: request source code for FNEXRAD

David,

The FNEXRAD composites are created with the GDRADR an NEX2GINI programs in the
GEMPAK source distribution. You will find the programs under the
$NAWIPS/unidata/programs directory. The GDRADR program creates GEMPAK grid
products
(which I send as GRIB messages), The NEX2GINI creates a GINI format image.

I put together documentation for GDRADR (nex2gini runs the same way) usage at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/gdradr/

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> We have a Computer Science student working with a few or our Meteorology
> students to create some in-house radar products from level 2 data as in
> independent study.  Their goal is to create products similar to FNEXRAD
> but to composite in the vertical as well as horizontal.  To get them
> started, would it be possible to send me the source code for the
> programs that create the FNEXRAD composites?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>

> +++++++++++++++++++++++
> David Fitzgerald
> Department of Earth Sciences
> Millersville University
> Millersville Pa 17551
>
> Phone: 717-871-2394
>

> I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
> than half of you half as well as you deserve.
> J. R. R. Tolkien
> <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/J._R._R._Tolkien/> , The
> Fellowship of the Ring

Ticket ID: ONF-578978