[GEMPAK #DFK-592579]: GEMPAK - Filter on NMAP2 and Gempak script !

Anh Dao,

In order for your plots in NMAP2 and SFMAP to be identicat, the FILTER
should be the same, but your GAREA & PROJ and DEVICE (sizex;sizey) should be
the same.

The GAREA will affect station overlap. The DEVICE size (the text and symbol
sizes used will
cause differing amounts of overlap if the output DEVICE has a different size).

If you are using the default display size of the XW of GF device (which is ~70%
of your screen size),
that may be the largest difference when compared to the NMAP2 canvas area. The
Canvan in Nmap2
is defined in $NAWIPS/resource/Nmap as:
Nmap*mainw_canvas.width:                1150
Nmap*mainw_canvas.height:               831

If you still have questions, please provide me with your output as well as full
SFMAP
settings.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support
> Institution: National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting
> Package Version: GEMPAK 5.7.4
> Operating System: Linux Red hat 9.0
> Hardware Information: 80GB
> Inquiry: Hello all,
>
> In our operational working, we must make some analysis maps for surface and
> upperair data.
>
> At first, we draw the isoline with surface and upperair data on the NMAP2
> interface. In the $GEMTBL/config/prmlst.tbl file, we set (for surface data):
>
> SFPARM = SKYK:.7:1:132;TMPC;SPAC;SMSL;SPAC;DWPC;SPAC;SPAC;SPAC;SPAC;SPAC
> FILTER = 0.9
> TEXT = 0.857/21/HW
> (The total of parameters is 11)
>
> Then we have a script on GEMPAK using SFMAP, SNMAP ... to make a final maps.
> In these script we set:
>
> SFPARM =
> SKYK:.7:1:132;TMPC;WSYM:.7:1;SMSL;PTND;DWPC;VSBK;CSYH:.7:1;CTYL;CSYM;CSYL:.7:1
> FILTER = 0.89
> TEXT = 0.857/21/HW
>
> Because when we open the surface data from NMAP2 to draw on it, the FILTER on
> EDIT SOURCE tool is automatically change to 0.89. I don't know why ??? But is
> the reason that I choose FILTER = 0.89 on my SFMAP script.
>
> The goal of this working is that I want the data that displays on NMAP2 and
> the data on maps that I execute SFMAP script are totally identical.
>
> But I don't know why though the parameter in these two case are the same but
> the data that display on NMAP2 and on the maps (that are made by SFMAP
> script) are quite different.
>
> Please show me the solution to my troubles.
>
> I hope that you will help me as soon as possible. I write to you this
> afternoon (local time) and do hope that I will receive your answer tomorrow
> morning.Thank you in advance.
>
> With my best regards,
>
> Anh Dao Nguyen

Ticket ID: DFK-592579