[GEMPAK #FZC-261071]: GEMPAK - can't get any GUI's to display

> Institution: Desert Research Institute
> Package Version: 5.8.3a
> Operating System: Windowns XP
> Hardware Information: VMware, Cygwin
> Inquiry: I can't get any of the GUI's to display.  When I try to run any of
> them I just get a 'can't open display' message.  I tried it on Cygwin, witht
> he X Window.  I tried it on the vmware using linux, same thing.  Could you
> provide any insight?  Thanks.

Christopher,

You have to set your DISPLAY environmental variable to X host:display that you
are attempting to
send the display to. You also have to have allowed that host to connect (or be
correctly tunneling through
SSH for instance). You error message indicates that either the DISPLAY variable
is not set in your
environment, of you have not allowed connections to your server.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FZC-261071
Department: Support GEMPAK