[GEMPAK #OOG-267821]: GEMPAK - Error Message

> Institution: Weather Insight
> Package Version: 5.9.2
> Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> Hardware Information: HP Proliant Blade
> Inquiry: We keep getting the error [ST 7] from the gddiag function (or at
> least we think that function) called from one of our programs.  We cannot
> find this error documented in any of the GEMPAK documentation.  Could you
> shed any light on this?

Matthew,

According to $GEMERR/st.err, [ST 7] is: Unbalanced parenthesis
If you are not seeing the text of the GEMERR file, then you either have not
correctly configured
the Gemenviron file NAWIPS variable so that the $GEMERR variable is pointing to
the correct
location for the current distribution (Eg, your $GEMERR may be pointing
to an older location), or you haven't sourced Gemenviron.

If your environment is pointing to locations of an older GEMPAK distribution,
there will
likely be lots of problems with programs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: OOG-267821
Department: Support GEMPAK