[GEMPAK #WPX-538404]: getting started

> Steve,
>
> Thanks that fixed that problem.
>
> If I may ask one more simple one:  I am trying gdcntr on some wrf data
> converted to gempak format.  I have tried gdattime=all, gdattime=f00,
> gdattime=f24 and it doesn't like any of them, always saying TIME is invalid.
> I don't get it, since the gempak file is derived from a WRF 24h forecast.
> What is the best way, in gempak, to look at my gempak file to see what times
> are actually in it?  I tried gdinfo but it only gave grid dimensions?  TIA.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Steve,

The parameter for GDCNTR is GDATTIM (no "E" at the end). If you are typing
gdattime, then the program
won't recognize that parameter. Generally, gdattim=fall would be a loop of
available times. if
you are unsure about what your data file contains, run GDINFO then
at the prompt, type "restore defaults/gdinfo" and then "run" to see a
listing of all grids in your file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: WPX-538404