[GEMPAK #XPX-431055]: A correction

> Hello Steve,
>
> That's me again.
> I'm working hard on preparing Gempak surface analysis for South America. We
> (forecasters in CPTEC-INPE) intend to make these analysis operationally to put
> them in our home-page ( http://www.cptec.inpe.br/tempo/ ). By the way, do you
> know if it is necessary any special permission from UNIDATA?

Giovanni,

No special permission is necessary. When possible, we do ask our sites to
mention
Unidata in publication credits where applicable (for our NSF spnsors).
If you would like to publicize your accomplishments through either our
Electronic E-Zine, or the "site of the month" type of web page feature feel
free to let us know!

> Well, what pushed me to write this email is another (I think so) little
> mistake
> in GEMPAK on-line manual.
> The address is:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/help_and_documentation/manual/variables/chap3.php?parm=hilo
>
> At the bottom of the page you can find the following:
>
> " X and L characters with numeric values plotted below. "
>
> And I think the correct form should be substitute L by Y resulting:
>
> " X and Y characters with numeric values plotted below. "
>
> Thank you very much for answering rapidily to all my inquires (Be sure there
> will be more of them ...   :-)   )

I will pass this along to the NCEP developers. You can edit your local copy of
$GEMHLP/hlx/hilo.hl2 if you desire.

Thanks,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support