[Support #RWL-717189]: Building GemPAK for Cygwin

> Steve, you are so good to respond!
>
> Thank you.
>
> I have built GemPAK but there are two programs which fail with the 'Bad
> System Call' note.  I am working on that. Lesstif works fine for me.  I
> built the original GRASS 5 for Windows using Cygwin. See
> http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/cygwin_grass50bininst
> all.html
>

> Dr. John M. Huddleston

John,

I'd be happy to hear back regarding Cygwin. The NMAP2 problem on launch can be
fixed with some
ifdef's to the Motif code. I need to configure the Makefiles to use the system
supplied
Zlib, PNG, XML, XSLT, DOM, etc if available automatically, but can be done if
the
Makeinc.cygwin is modifiied to the existing libraries.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: RWL-717189
Department: Support GEMPAK