[GEMPAK #APB-957318]: GFS Meteograms

> Where can I find csh scripts to produce GFS (gfs003) model meteograms?
>

> Thanks,  Giovanni

Giovanni,

I don't have any scripts offhand. The typical plots of stations using SFGRAM
from
GFS output is either the MOS output being decoded to GEMPAK surface files
using dcgmos, or BUFR output from the NWS ftp servers being decoded by NAMSND.
Both of those are US station solutions.

You can use the GDGSFC program to interpolate the grid data to a set of
stations in a GEMPAK surface file, and then use that as the basis for
plotting meteorograms using SFGRAM. Is that the type of display you are
looking for? The GDTSER output is very minimal in capability compared to
SFGRAM, so I don't think that is what you are asking about.

Let me know if you need more information regarding the GDGSFC program or
have other questions!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: APB-957318