[GEMPAK #MBZ-102973]: problem with saving images

Steven,

It sounds like you are not running gpend in your script. Without
running GPEND, you will not complete drawing the graphic, and not
dump the window to the file. Your experience with changing file names is
simply forcing GEMPAK to close the current file and open a new file-
however, the primary feature of message queues in GEMPAK is
top allow you to exit a program, and run other programs for overlays,
and therefore until gpend is run, the image is not complete.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I've been having some problems while trying to save my gdcross
> cross-sections and gdplot2 map plots. The current format that I'm using in
> my script is like this:
>
> DEVICE = gif|filename.gif|1024;768
>
> When I run the script, it sometimes saves the file correctly, and other
> times it does not. If I switch it over to using the full directory listing
> for where to put the file,
>
> DEVICE = gif|/home/gempak/NAWIPS/filename.gif|1024;768
>
> then it will usually save it again properly. This also works in the opposite
> way if it stops saving with the full directory thread in the script
> (switching it back to just filename.gif makes it work again).
>
> Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I'm able to use it like
> this, but it's a little frustrating and takes extra time (since I have to
> keep switching the script back and forth).
>
> Thanks you (for this and all your help in the past).
>
> Steven Felker

Ticket ID: MBZ-102973
Department: Support GEMPAK