[GEMPAK #SKK-692451]: SFEDIT and merging of datasets

> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the information.  I will try your suggestions.
> I am not sure how the "global set" of data were created
> except that I believe they were GRIB files on which
> some scripting was performed to make the GEMPAK formatted
> files.  I have sent a note to the person from whom I received
> the archived data to find out more about the creation of the files.
>
> Arlene

Arlene,

The creation is not a big deal. You can see the list of parameters using
SFPARM=dset in SFLIST.

The alternative to trying to use SFEDIT to bring in your other data set is that
since you
can convert your Kuwait metars to a GEMPAK surface file, and your other global
surface data
is a gempak file, you can use SFMOD to copy over the relevant
stations/parameters.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: SKK-692451