[GEMPAK #NHP-247157]: GEMPAK - Available Times: on model F000 anals not listing

> Institution: Naval Postgraduate School
> Package Version: 5.9.1
> Operating System: Redhat Enterprise Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp
> Hardware Information: Intel Dell workstations
> Inquiry: Just built gempak5.9.1 to replace current working gempak5.7.4.  When
> I look at model analysis data (ie f000 for all date times), I only get the
> last time written to file listed under "Available Times" to display for a gem
> file.  The .gem files read fine under gemak5.7.4 version.  Placed two ruc
> example files at
> http://wx.met.nps.navy.mil/~bcreasey/
>
> 2006032200_ruc.gem is about 60mb and currently up to 16z. So, on this 5.9.1
> version I only see 20060322/1600f000 and on the 5.7.4 version I see 16 times
> listed from 00-16hr.  I have the same problem with 6 min radar gridded data
> and NCAR reanalysis data.  I did note some of the time code  has changed.
> If you need further info please let me know.    Also included the build.log

Bob,

Can you provide me with the pqact action or command lines you are using for
your ruc.gem and reanalysis?
The general problem would seem to be the OS holding data in cache and not making
it out to disk since the decoder does flush its buffers. That code hasn't
changed since 5.7.4, but certainly the
compilers and OS have.

The gridded radar problem could be that the pqact action uses -close, which
causes two dcgrib2 instances in some
cases here when the NET and N0R fields are both arriving. I changed that to
-flush to test.

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you yet!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: NHP-247157
Department: Support GEMPAK