[GEMPAK #FYW-889767]: Help with using dcgrib2 to decode AMPS model output

> Thanks! There are three different grids (I did not know this until I started
> filing them instead of decoding).
>
> I have attached a ugrd sample from each.

Robert,

The projection problem stems back to a "fix" I made 4 years ago for a broken
grid #220 product in NOAAPORT:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg02666.html

If I remove the references to hemflag in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/gb/gbpolr.c
which I
introduced at that time, I get what appears to be a proper Antarctic projection.
If you have the source, you can make that change locally, or I'' send you new
nagrib/dcgrib2
binaries if you need.

As noted in the support reference above, GEMPAK had the code right, but I was
trying to
make a bad product in the data stream work.

I'll back out that change, and see if I can get a grid #220 product in the
current data stream
to see if anything there has changes in the last 4 years!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FYW-889767
Department: Support GEMPAK