[GEMPAK #JDW-862255]: different fonts in surface plot

> I am doing a surface plot with the following parameters.
>
> AREA     = wi-
> GAREA    = wi
> SATFIL   =
> RADFIL   =
> IMCBAR   =
> SFPARM   = skyc;tmpf;wsym;pmsl;;dwpf;PTND;;;;brbk:1.0:1.5;VSBY
> DATTIM   = /1200
> SFFILE   = 961017_sao.gem
> COLORS   = 1
> MAP      = 1
> MSCALE   =
> LATLON   = 0
> TITLE    = 1
> CLEAR    = yes
> PANEL    = 0
> DEVICE   = ps
> PROJ     = lcc
> FILTER   = 0.9
> TEXT     = 0.8/21/hw
> LUTFIL   =
> STNPLT   =
> CLRBAR   =
>
> The font size used to plot the numbers in the pressure tendency is
> larger than that used to plot the other parameters.   Is there
> anything I can do so that all numbers will be in the same font size?

Donna,

The PTND parameter is treated as a symbol such as WSYM, BRBK, CLDx etc,
and so the size can be controlled using the ":size" syntax such as PTND:.8.

From "phelp sfparm":

      In the case of weather symbols,  the size, line width and other
      information needed to draw the symbol may be specified following a
      colon after the symbol name and after the function specifications
      if any exist.  The drawing attributes are separated by colons.  For
      all the symbols, the information is entered as:size:width;for arrows
      and barbs the information is entered as :size:width:type:headsiz,
      where the headsiz applies only to arrows.

> Sorry for being so picky but this is for a lab manual that is going
> to publication.

Not a problem. Picky publication graphics is something that GEMPAK is good for!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> --
> Donna Tucker                  1475 Jayhawk Blvd.
> Associate Professor           213 Lindley Hall
> address@hidden                        Department of Geography
> (785) 864-4738                        University of Kansas
> (785) 864-5378 (fax)          Lawrence, KS 66045-7613

Ticket ID: JDW-862255
Department: Support GEMPAK