[GEMPAK #FHR-807432]: GEMPAK questions

>I have a couple of questions. There are couple of examples of the display
>of Level II cross section data.
>
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/levelII/gempak_levelII_large.jpg
>
>For example.
>
>Do you have the script you used to create this?

The window display was donw interactively. The "phelp gpnexr2" and "phelp
nexr2rhi" show
examples of plotting the level 2 data. The size of the display window and the
title
are controlable in the DEVICE setting (In this case, the top window is
DEVICE=xw|KMOB|350;250
The screendump is done with imagemagick (using the cursor to select the window
region),
so you see the window frame on the top window!

>Also since I upgraded to the latest version of GEMPAK, my script that
>plots watch and warnings is not working, it only plots non-precipitation
>advisories. Do you have an example script
>that you use to create this type of graphic?

I have a composite radar image being generated in real time with watches and
warnings overlaid
which you can get to by clicking the desired model time from:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/rtmodel/

The script section that plots the nexrad mosaic from gpmap is:
gpmap_gif << EOF
 \$mapfil = county+inter+base
 MAP      = 20/1/1+2/1/2+31/1/2
 GAREA    = dset
 PROJ     = sat
 SATFIL   = \$RAD/${FILENAME}
 RADFIL   = \$RAD/${FILENAME}
 LATLON   = 0
 PANEL    = 0
 TITLE    = 5/-1/$TITLE
 TEXT     = .8/2/1/hw
 CLEAR    = y
 DEVICE   = gif|${GIFFILE}|500;375
 LUTFIL   = default
 STNPLT   =
 IMCBAR   = 1/v/CL/.005;.5/.85;.01
 WARN=last|5;2;3|N|N|Y
 WSTM=last|26;28;30|N|N|Y
 WATCH=last|5;2;3|N|Y
 HRCN=last|15;30;23;7|||YES|YES||YES

EOF

These will use the files decoded by dcwtch, dcwarn, dcwstm and dchrcn
which are configured accorfding to the pqact actions in
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FHR-807432
Department: Support GEMPAK