[Support #DTZ-833847]: GEMPAK high-res Antarctic map

>I am working with your buddy Tom Parish on some Antarctic projects. We
>were recently commenting about the poor mapping of the Antarctic
>continent in GEMPAK. Every piece of software which I have used has
>required an upgrade or pointing to a different map file for a quality
>representation of Antarctica. In McIDAS the UWisc. group created the
>map file OUTLANT which provides a great map of Antarctica. I have been
>able to use this same map file in the IDV. Is there something similar
>which can be used in GEMPAK?

Mark,

GEMPAK provides a program shpcvt to convert a shapefile to GEMPAK map file,
so if you have a preferred Antarctic coastline map from a GIS package,
it can be made into a GEMPAK map file. I will look for a high res source,
unless you have a specific resolution requirement file that you can provide.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DTZ-833847
Department: Support GEMPAK