Re: Grib or GEMPAK navigation probem?

Bob,

The Lo1 longitude is 59.503, while the Lov is 52.550, so the
central longitude is outside the grid domain which is not
a possibility I checked when I put in a work around for
another problem.

Here the problem with dcgrib2 is a check in the lambert grib routine
which is necessary when grids straddle the date line (eg Lo1 might be
175, but Lov -179), where if Lov is less than Lo1, it assumes that 360
has to be added so the computation is possible. This is something I put
in, and not in NCEP's distribution. I can change
$GEMPAK/source/gemlib/gb/gblamb.c to
only do that when the Lo1 > 0 and loncnt < 0.

I made that change and now the gdinfo produces:
GRID FILE:
2006011306_testme.gem

 GRID NAVIGATION:
     PROJECTION:          LCC
     ANGLES:                60.0    52.5    30.0
     GRID SIZE:          252 252
     LL CORNER:              29.07     59.50
     UR CORNER:              38.22     75.59

This is pakistan.

Do you want the updated routine, or a recpiled dcgrib2 binary?

Steve