[Support #YER-489194]: Re: 20060120: 20060119: 20060118: 20060117: GEMPAK decoder installation

Gilbert,

I made the quick symbolic line from ~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron to
~gempak/Gemenviron
to avoid any file editing. Just a convenience step. All else is OK.

>Thanks! That doesn't explain the lack of satellite and radar data, though.
>Hmmm. Now, quick question...do you have a copy of the script to make your
>radar mosaics to the UNIDATA website, or is that available on your website
>in an "extras" folder somewhere? Like web pages, I like to look at the
>command structure to understand things better...a template, if you will.

The satellite and radar data are available under $SAT and $RAD. I just ran NMAP2
on weather3, popped up the data selection window, selected "image", "rad",
"mkx", "n0r" and had a loop going in a second.

For the 1km national composite radar I provide in FNEXRAD, use the
"image", "sat", "NEXRCOMP" path (since using the satellite color table
gives you more colors for the radar composite). They are all there.

Then selected "misc", "wstm" to overlay the winter storm watches/warnings (did
the
edit data source to select county outlines rather than the default markers).
Things
seem to be working. I'll let you shake them out for a while ;-)

Remember that you will want to "source ~gempak/Gemenviron" into your csh.

The production of either a radar mosac as an image, or a grid file follows the
web pages I provided at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/gdradr/index.html
(the nex2gini will create the GINI format image while gdradr is used to grid
the data).

I use the radar data as a grid to combine with RUC data for precipitation type
masks etc.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support
(or ". ~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile" if your a bash user).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: YER-489194
Department: Support GEMPAK