Re: 20060118: 20060117: GEMPAK decoder installation

Hi Steve,

What do you mean "run it"? Do you mean, launch a display program?

Assuming under a ~gempak account, you have GEMPAK5.9.1/,
and you have created the symbolic link from ~gempak/GEMPAK5.9.1 to
~gempak/NAWIPS; you can then "source ~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron"
for a csh/tcsh or .cshrc, or ". ~gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile" for
a .profile, .bashrc etc.

After the Gemenviron variables are in your environment:
- type "ntl". That will launch the gui bar.

- Click on the NMAP2 icon.

 - See the tutorial, such as displaying METAR observations with:
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/nmap_data.html

I still don't have any data though. And I have pqact.gempak pqact files and have made sure the gemenviron file is read at startup.

 The NMAP2 display will provide you with a gui interface for satellite, radar,
 model, surface, upperair obs, etc.

- Click on the NWX icon.

 - see the tutorial under:
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/nwx.html

This still works fine.

By testing out those programs, you will find out if your data is being found
under the expected $GEMDATA/ which is ~ldm/data/gempak (...however you have that
data/ directory under the ~ldm user located).

I re-ran the source data. I am stumped. And I am also stumped on how to make the national mosaic and dump it to a GIF without running the ntl display and having it up all of the time. Thoughts?

E-mail: address@hidden                                  ***