20060214: AP removal with Level-II data in GEMPAK

Robert,

AP and clutter as well as second trip echoes etc requires volumetric
as well as velocity and phase informationi (combining satellite imagery can
help too!).
You might find the information in Steven Vasiloff's March 2005 presentation here
enlightening (as well as Ken Howard's May 2005 presentation).

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/community/seminars/

See the section on vertical continuity for Reflectivity QC!

Several groups are working on a real-time national 3-D mosaic which
we are pursuing for the community on this end, but no time frame at the moment.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support