20060119: Garp problem

Mark,

The error message are likely due to use of the "eta" modelkey in Garp_defaults
which is using the old garp style string matching of all directories
in your $MODEL directory that have the substring "eta" in them.

Try changing the modelkey entry of "eta" to "nam80". This should avoid the
string matches of eta in directories, and use the NAM80 entry in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl. You can remove the empty directories.
Here we're expecting the NAM80 to be the eta211 grids in
$MODEL/etc/yyyymmddhh_eta211.gem.

There may ba a string conflict somewhere else to track down, but we need to
see if you can get going without a crash.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support