Reanalyis Difficulties

Steve,

Last week I sent you an email concerning the difficulty I'm having processing decoded reanalysis data.

I'm having trouble multiplying specific humidity from the downloaded files with the magnitude of the wind obtained from the reanalysis disks. These problems occur in GDDIAG. Also when attempting to write out the data to a new grid file, I an error message that the grid can not be read. In GDCFIL, when using the decoded file as a CPYFIL, I get "INVALID INPUT FOR GPACK".

Do you have any insight into what could be going wrong?

Thanks

Mike

--

Mike Bodner