Re: NGM MOS transmission broken?

Art,

NWS was having trouble with NGM MOS today as noted in the bulletins
below regarding the 00Z run. The 12Z run did have the $ character in
front of the station ID as you mention, so looks like problems still
exist but I have not seen additional information. The NWS data
management web based customer support inquiry form:

The NOAA's National Weather Service has a Web Based Customer
Relationship Management System that responds to customers' needs for
information.  The URL address for our CRM System is listed below.

http://help.nws.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/doit.cgi?201~-506,,,,1:467:1

Thank you for using our CRM System.

Julie Hayes
Family of Services Program Manager
Work    301-713-0880  ext. 120 - Monday-Thursday
Work    240-393-3339 - Fridays
Fax     301-713-1409
Cell    240-393-3339
DOC/NOAA/NWS/CIO11

NOUS42 KWNO 090738
ADMNFD
SPECIAL NCEP DISCUSSION
CENTRAL OPERATIONS/NCEP/NWS/WASHINGTON DC
0730 UTC WED NOV 09 2005

09/0730Z...NGM MOS GUIDANCE...THE 9/00Z NGM MOS GUIDANCE WAS
PREPARED AT NCEP AND SENT TO THE GATEWAY.  HOWEVER...IT LOOKS
LIKE SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATIONS MADE TODAY ARE PREVENTING THE
GATEWAY FROM PARSING THE BULLETINS PROPERLY.  A FEW OF THE
FWC/FOUS14 BULLETINS WERE ULTIMATELY TRANSMITTED TO END USERS BUT
MOST WERE NOT.  WILL NEED TO GET THE SUPPORT STAFFS OF NCEP
AND GATEWAY TO WORK ON THIS PROBLEM.

KNEAS/SDM/NCO/NCEP
NNNN
895
NOUS42 KWNO 090824
ADMNFD
SPECIAL NCEP DISCUSSION
CENTRAL OPERATIONS/NCEP/NWS/WASHINGTON DC
0820 UTC WED NOV 09 2005

09/0820Z...NGM MOS GUIDANCE FROM THE 9/00Z CYCLE IS NOW
AVAILABLE.  THE NCEP PRODUCTION ANALYST BACKED OUT OF THE
SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION MADE EARLIER TODAY.  A RERUN OF THE
IBM PRODUCTION JOB THEN PRODUCED THE NGM FWC/FOUS14 BULLETINS.

KNEAS/SDM/NCO/NCEP
NNNN

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support