20051031: problems with garp

David,

I did isolate a problem with the code in the model skewt routine-
and various Linux compilers as a string constant is passed to routines
which could modify the memory location. The optimization in gcc
revealed the problem.

The affected routine is:
$GARPHOME/object/displayvprof.c

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04217.html

The above URL contains the updated source code for the routine.

I haven't found any other problems with the use of string constants in Garp,
but can send you binary or updated source code tree as necessary.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata Uset Support