20051020: Border for map within a panel

John,

I'm assuming you are using GEMPAK 5.8.3a given the exchange we had
a while back about GDPOINT. If this isn't so...let me know.

If I'm interpreting your question correctly,
PANEL    = .25;.25;.75;.75/31/1/2
draws a border around the map in a panel with color 31,
line type 1, and line width 2 for a panel that takes up half the
screen with lower left .25;.25 and upper righ .75;.75.
This should work in all programs which use panel.

Other tools to draw lines are GPBOX, and GPANOT if you have different needs,
but you should be able to accomplish your task within gdplot2.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support