Re: NETCDF to GRID file

Mike,

The dcreanal program is contained in the GEMPAK distribution which you
can obtain through the Unidata web portal:
www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak

The dcreanal program uses the $GEMTBL/grid/ncarncep1.tbl grid parameter
table. If you need just the dcreanal executable, I can provide the
binary and the table.

Running the program works like:
dcreanal input.nc gempak_outfile_template

for example, to create monthly files:
dcreanal shum.2004.nc YYYYMM.gem

If the file you have has 4 times per day, a monthly file would have
~120 grid times. The usual limit for number of grid times in a GEMPAK
file is 1000, so you would not be able to place all times
in a single yearly gempak file, so use the monthly template.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support