20050916: trying to change background color for a gif image

Kevin,

Copy $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.xwp_white to your workdirectory coltbl.xwp.
This will create the white background as you showed.

Your problem is you are using color "32" eg white to draw on your white
background. When you plan to plot on a white background, you need to
select appropriate colors for drawing on that background. Eg, use color
31 (aka black) where you are using 32.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support