Re: 20050909: Drawing a line in gdcross

Thanks very much, Steve, this is just the kind of thing I had in mind.
I'll give it a try with the Conduit data we have on hand, and if you
hear nothing further, that will mean bright, shiny Success. If this
looks as slick as I expect it to, I'll send you a plot from my script
at some point.     John M.

Unidata Support wrote:

John,

Low level drawing could be done through gpanot, or to a vgf file in NMAP2, but that is likely not to be a pleasant experience,
and even more of a pain should you have to change something along the way.

I'd suggest a small script to create a new variable, say TIDX
(or tropopause index) defined as TIDX = PRES%TROP@0 / PRES and iterate this between 1000 mb and 50 mb (as an example)
so you could plot a countour of TIDX=1.

Here is the sample script I ran on the RUC 20km (grid 252 as a test):