20050824: Motif error message

Eric,

Your Lestif is not Motif 2.1 compatible (it aims to be 1.2 compatible but isn't,
which is why I assume it is not even lestif 1.0 yet).

Gempak uses features in Motif 2.1. If you are building GEMPAK, you need to
install
OpenMotif.

You didn't identify your OS, but I'm assuming you are trying to build from
source under Linux. Once you have installed the OpenMotif development
environment,
you need to do a complete rebuild. Otherwise, you should be able to run the
Linux Binary distribution I provide, which is built with OpenMotif.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support