20050607: Gempak - GDDIAG not copying/creating grids

Tom,

Your message didn't show your script, but you should check your
use of GPACK where you will have to specify the range by the number of
bits used to pack the data, or no packing. If you are using GRIB packing then
the default number of bits will be 16, but if that isn't enough for your data
range
you can increase that up to 32 bits. See phelp GPACK. If in doubt, try
NONE for the packing.

Also, the current release of GEMPAK 5.8.2 has the capability to create the grid
file
if it doesn't exist, as well as reproject to a new grid. The old version that
you are
running does not have those features.

teve Chiswell
Unidata User Support