Re: FNEXRAD product question

John,

No, you don't need 2 copies. Also, since GEMPAK can read the product
in its compressed PNG format, I provide the action to just file the
product. I provide a single pqact.conf action for GEMPAK distributions
(as pqact.gempak_nexrad in $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/ which you can add
to your pqact.conf file, or run a separate pqact process per .conf
file).

If you want McIDAS to use the product, you will be uncompressing it
using the ldm-mcidas decoder pngg2gini which converts the PNG
portion to the standard GINI raster.

GEMPAK can read either.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support