20050321: ATCF data

Mai,

The ATCF data that GEMPAK plots is available from
ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/pub/atcf/aid_public/

I use the "wget" freely available perl script to mirror/download
the files in a script like:

#!/bin/csh -f

setenv PATH /opt/bin:${PATH}
source ~gempak/Gemenviron

cd $SPDATA/atcf
wget -N 'ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/pub/atcf/aid_public/a*2004.dat'

These files are not in the data stream broadcast via IDD.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support