20050305: GARP Segmentation Fault

Robert,

When programs that previously worked suddenly stop working
with:
   "absolutely no changes, so it appears as if it
   stopped working for no apparent reason"

Aside from the evident data stream problems that NWS had the past day or so,
You might check the following:

   Are you using the $MODEL/model_name/YYYYMMDDHH_..... naming
   convention that I provide?

   Zero length decoded files (eg disk full at some point)
   Have you tried the GD programs from the command line (or NMAP2) as
   an independent confirmation that it is GARP's problem and not a
   data file or system library problem? If you had some RPMs installed,
   that could affect your sharable libraries on your system.

   How about your ~ldm/data directory tree. Is this a symbolic link?
   Are your permissions correct. Do you have grid files in your
   current working directory?

   Are you running as root (looks like that from below). Do you normally
   run as that user?

   Is you LDM correctly set up using the pqact entries and tables for 5.7.4?
   If your decoders are using old tables (or not finding grid
   tables for the correct version, then that could create bad decoded
   file entries). Old grid tables would not have all the levels/parameters
   that are in the current data stream and would lead to garbage in
   the data files.

   Do you have too many decoded files in the directories that Garp is looking
   at? Scouring a problem?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport