20050223: Gempak NMAP2 not seeing grided data

Adam,

Are you using the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl file that came with 5.7.4?
Are you using the $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl files that came with 5.7.4,
and using dcgrib2 to name the files by gribkey.tbl- or are you hardcoding
in directory structures into pqact.conf?

Possibly you have old configurations. As noted in the 5.7.4 release
announcement:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gembud-list/msg00921.html

And in the 5.7.4 whats new notes:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/whats_new.html#5.7.4

The naming convention for grid files was modified to use $MODEL/model_name/
so that 1) numbers of files in a directory was more manageable, 2) scouring
would be easier, 3) with increasing number of times in files, and output grids
storing data in individual forecast files makes files more manageable
(for example, if you have hourly WRF output through 48 hours, then
storing all the grids/levels/times in a single file is really big;
similarly if you are have GFS at 3 hour time steps through 180 hours
and global grid #003, then a file is on the order of 1.3 GB).

Garp was upgraded to make use of the datatype.tbl file, but it
will still process the Gar_defaults grid_keys for file strings
if the template isn't found in datatype.tbl...which may be the reason
your old Garp_defaults locations are working.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport