20050201: NLDN Data

Eric,

Use SFPARM=dset to list all parameters in the file.

As for parameter information, each NLDN report contains
the  date,  time, and  location  of  the flash along with the requested
data values.  Available data include: TSEC (Seconds since  STIM
(station  time)), MSEC (Milliseconds  since  TSEC), SGNL (Signal
strength and polarity where 150 units  corresponds to approximately
30 KAmps), MULT (Multiplicity in strokes/flash), SMAJ (Semi-major axis
of ellipse), ECNT (Eccentricity  of  ellipse),  ANGL (Angle in degrees),
and CHI2 (Chi-squared confidence measure). Which of the data values are
stored is determined by the parameter packing file.

The default $GEMTBL/pack/nldn.pack stores only subset. The
full packing file is provided in
$NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcnldn/ndln.pack.full.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support