Re: 20050125: pqact.conf syntax - piping...or exec

Steve,

I continue to have problems getting the script to execute. I have modified my pqact.gempak to look like this per your suggestion earlier...

NEXRAD ^SDUS[2357]. KOAX ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(N0R|N0V)
   EXEC    /home/dan/exec.csh

For the sake of speed, I chose a site that was operating (OAX) as opposed to EAX's, which has been down all day. The script, /home/dan/exec.csh is not executed when N0R or N0V data comes in. Again, exec.csh simply renames a file, from before.txt to after.txt. Quite a useless program, but it works for testing purposes.

What could I still be doing wrong?

Dan Leins

Unidata Support wrote:

Dan,

Your pattern below is incorrect. It should end with:
   /p(N0R|N0V)

The first 3 letters of the PIL are N0R or N0V, eg
N0REAX or N0VEAX.

The pattern you had was looking for N0R reflectivity from a station N0V.

After that change, the \4 argument would be replaced by either
N0R or N0V (depending on the product. Your csh would then
access this as $1.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support